Freezing or Crashing Chat freezing up

Discussion in 'Bugs and Errors' started by Ashley_00, Apr 9, 2024.

1. CollegeBf

CollegeBf New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    46⛀
    IOS 17.4.1 on all devices. From what I’ve seen, I haven’t had any other performance issues (pictures still load as usual, typing seems fine though I haven’t paid much attention to it until it freezes). As far as I can tell, everything is normal until the crash

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    212,999⛀
    Does anything behave oddly leading up to the freeze? Phone notifications? Other apps running at the same time?

3. CollegeBf

Money:
    46⛀
    Not so far as I can tell. I don’t have apps running at the same time during roleplay, and notifications don’t act weirdly before the freeze (though I don’t typically get notifications in general, so I don’t believe it’s a factor).

I think everything works as it should until the freeze

4. CollegeBf

Money:
    46⛀
    One thing that I just noticed doesn’t freeze is the cursor. Everything is non responsive, the letter on the keyboard being typed still freezes as it’s selected, and everything is frozen except the cursor which still keeps flashing

5. London_26

London_26 New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    31⛀
    Nothing noticeable typing-wise (apart from this seems to be the trigger for freezing). Doesn’t seem to get worse over time, just happens while you’re typing and then causes you to close down browser basically. Haven’t noticed any issue with any other website/app.
    I have tried this on both Safari and Chrome - issue is replicated on both.
    I have iPhone 15

6. HungBullBWC

HungBullBWC New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    108⛀
    Yes typing has been extremely laggy. Pictures have been taking a lot longer to upload as well.

7. CollegeBf

Money:
    46⛀
    Hey there good evening. I was wondering if there are any updates to the freezing issue?

8. Stanthropical

Money:
    212,999⛀
    It may take a while, since this is a fairly recent development after a newer iOS update.

9. Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    26⛀
    For the past three (ish) weeks, I’ve been experiencing an issue with the site. Every so often, usually when posting replies to rp, my site will freeze, my keyboard will freeze, and the entire browser on my phone (I’m a mobile user) will freeze, and eventually re load the site and I’ll have to log back In. It does this CONSTANTLY, to the point where I’m not even able to use it properly. I’ve tried different accounts, browsers, wifi networks, cleared my cookies and browsing data, and everything else I can think of but no no avail thus far, is there anyone who can help with this?

10. Dr_Manhattan

Money:
    26⛀
    My issues are the same as the ones being described in this thread

11. Dr_Manhattan

Money:
    26⛀
    And will updating to 17.5 fix my issues? I haven’t done that yet (I’m on IOS)

12. Stanthropical

Money:
    212,999⛀
    There's no known fix yet. You could certainly do so and let us know how it helps. Every bit of information helps.

13. Dr_Manhattan

Money:
    26⛀
    I’ll do it tonight and let you know. Thanks for the help

Stanthropical likes this.
  14. Stanthropical

Money:
    212,999⛀
    We Appreciate the help. Upgraded your profile to "Regular," so you don't face to wait to post.

15. HungBullBWC

HungBullBWC New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    108⛀
    Just FYI, I’m on iOS 17.5, and the issue persists.

16. Stanthropical

Money:
    212,999⛀
    I wonder if that's an autocorrect / predictive text / suggestions issue. Someone would have to be willing to disable all of that and chat without those functions enabled for a while to see whether that's the problem.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    212,999⛀
    These are my current settings (while I ran into the freeze):

IMG_9282.jpeg

Attached Files: